Tuesday, January 8, 2008

(two:triathlon) :P

The triathlon helped Bo with his anger and he found many good aspects out of it. Bo made friends, he stood up to his dad and he beat Wyracks butt. I think that he wouldn’t have won the triathlon without Hudgie, Elvis, Shelly, Mr.Nak and the other anger management kids. I’m sure he could have done well without them, but they pushed him to keep going. They helped him achieve more than he expected and he reached another level with their help. I wonder if the CD that his friends gave him would really work to get you focused. If you think about it, it sounds kind of funny, but then you don’t expect anything on the CD so you kind of get zoned in to what is happening but then at that you could get really zoned in and it could take your mind off of what is happening outside the CD. I believe that it is a good thing that Shelly bet with Wyrack 500 dollars that Bo could win because it pushed Bo to win. Bo knew that he would have to give him that money and he knew that they didn’t deserve so it helped him beat them in the triathlon. Bo trained really and I believe it was a good thing that Shelly helped him. In the beginning of the book it seemed like Bo pushed himself a little too hard and Shelly helped him control his workouts. He got in the workout he needed to do his best at the triathlon. When Bo’s dad helped Wyrack and his friends I think that it really showed Bo that he needed to prove himself to him. I think that it pushed Bo to win the triathlon and it showed his dad that he is not a quitter and that he can finish things if he puts his mind on it and believes in himself. Since Bo didn’t get to see his dad after the race I think that he felt ashamed that he didn’t believe in his son and that he helped the other boys try and beat him. I wonder if the whole story would change if he decided to do home schooling instead of going to the Anger Management class. Bo would have never met Elvis, Hudgie, Shelly or any other people from the class. If he didn’t meet Shelly he would have to train on his own and he may have pushed himself to hard and hurt himself. Not knowing Shelly would make it so he didn’t have to beat Wyrack in the triathlon, which may be a good thing because he wouldn’t be focused on that. It may also be a bad thing because he wouldn’t be pushed to win the triathlon. Also, if he didn’t meet any of these people he couldn’t get to listen to the tape during the triathlon and that may cause him to lose. At the same time you could think that not knowing these people may help him because he wouldn’t have their issues and problems on his mind and wouldn’t be way focused on the tape. I kind of wonder what would happen if there was another book. I bet Bo would keep on training and join more and more triathlons because it seems like he really likes them and he really knows how to pace himself through them. Bo and Shelly seem like they will stay together. They seem happy together and I think that they will last a while because they trust each other with their problems. I don’t think that Bo and his dad will not stop arguing and that they will never make. It seems like his dad is way too strict on Bo and he needs to take time and understand Bo’s situation.

5 comments:

katiekins said...

haha we did like the same thing but i like that you connected his feeling whith what he was doing.I agree with you that without the triathlon he wouldnt of been doing as well as he should of or is. I can connect with that too because i take all of my anger out on my sports so i dont tweak one day. haa even though that would be funny. I did like your blog though cuz i can agree with most of it if not all of it lol :P

T Fly said...

Ya I agree with you that Bo probably wouldn't have won if he wasn't helped by the Nak Pak. I think that the tape would pump him up since he understands how much effort they put into it he would work harder. I agree that Shelly calmed him down because he seemed addicted by working out. I also think that the book would just be completely different if Bo decided to get home schooling.

Lyssa Hemi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyssa Hemi said...

-Katiekins
Thats good that you agree with it. I agree with myself to. I think that the triathlon was a really good thing for Bo to do. I found himself and he found something good for him to do. It may have taken him a while to get ready, but he learned alot along the way. I think its easier to connect yourself with the story than just to right about it. It seems like it comes easier because things like that happen to people all the time. It kinda seems taht alot of people take out their anger when there playing a sport. It helps alot for people and gets people pumped and ready for anything that is coming at them.

Lyssa Hemi said...

trevor-
I guess you do have a point about the tape. I didnt really think it would work but when he listened to it and heard how much work they but into it, he probably got pumped from that. The book would be so boring if Bo decided to get home schooling. I probably wouldnt have read it if that happened. Its a good thing that he met Shelly or he could have hurt himself working out. He was sorta addicted to it.